Since many seniors have to live on a limited income, a burial insurance policy provides a way for older people to make sure that their families have money to make dignified funeral arrangements. Since a burial policy is a type of life insurance for seniors, it pays the beneficiary in cash. This gives the beneficiary of the policy a lot of flexibility to manage those proceeds in any way she needs to. Compare the best Indiana burial insurance companies from your Personal Computer. Simply put your ZIP code in the box on top of this web page. You can view quotes and companies online. You are also always welcome to call us for advice from a licensed senior life insurance agent. We also provide life insurance solutions to everyone from babies to seniors over 80 years old.
Some Statistics About Burial Insurance in Indiana
- Expected IN life span: 76.4
- Average IN household income: $48,374
- Typical IN funeral costs:
- Typical IN cremation package:
- Indianapolis population: 829,718
- Fort Wayne population: 253,691
- Evansville population: 117,429
- South Bend population: 101,168
- Hammond population: 80,830
How Much Does Indiana Final Expense Insurance Cost?
Indiana burial insurance companies set their rates by age, health, and smoking or nonsmoking. Because each company has its own rate charts, it is also important to compare prices from different companies. As an example, these are sample prices for an Indiana man who is 45 and does not smoke;
- $5,000: $14.32
- $10,000: $25.45
- $15,000: $36.40
Note: These are only sample rates, and they could vary because of location, company, or underwriting. Some seniors find these plans very affordable. In other cases, adult children offer to pay the premiums for their elderly parents. Regardless of who pays, these are some things to know:
- Payments: Set up an automatic ACH debit against a checking or savings account to make sure coverage doesn’t lapse because of a missed bill.
- Application: Even if somebody else pays and shops for insurance, the person who needs insurance has to help apply. The main requirement is usually a quick phone interview.
Indiana Guaranteed Life Insurance for Seniors
Preexisting health conditions won’t prevent you from finding a plan, but some serious health issues might limit choices. To understand this, consider two types of plans that you will find:
- Guaranteed acceptance: These ask no health questions, and every qualified applicant gets accepted.
- Simplified issue: These ask a few health questions, but they do not require a physical exam.
The right choice really depends upon the health of the applicant. Even older people with mild medical issues can still qualify for simplified issue, and guaranteed acceptance policies are meant for people with a recent history of heart disease, cancer, or another very serious illness. Guaranteed life insurance plans have a waiting period, and the covered person has to survive that period in order to qualify for the full death benefit. Before that, the plan may only offer to pay some percentage of the full face value or even just return premiums. Simplified issue plans offer an immediate death benefits, sometimes larger benefit levels, and cheaper prices.
Find the Best Indiana Burial Plan for Yourself or Your Parents
There is not one right Indiana burial insurance plan for everybody, but we can make comparing companies and prices much easier. You can start shopping by putting your home ZIP code in the quote box on top of this page. After reviewing companies, feel free to call us for assistance from an experienced senior life agent. We offer a combination of tools and personal service to help our clients find affordable burial insurance from top companies.