Do you or your elderly parents worry about the high cost of funerals and burials? If you have been involved in funeral planning recently, you might already know that final expense bills can top several thousand dollars. One way to plan for these expenses is to purchase a burial insurance policy. These plans provide cash to the beneficiary that can get used in any way that he or she chooses. The beneficiary is free to keep any money that is left over after funeral expenses have been paid for. Not all funeral insurance is the same, and we would like to help you find the right choice for yourself or your parents. You can begin shopping by putting your ZIP code in the box at the top of this website. If you need more help, please call and ask to speak with a licensed agent.
Statistics About Burial Insurance in Ohio
- Ohio Expected life span: 76.4
- Average household income: $48,246
- Typical cost of an OH funeral and burial: About $8,000
- Typical cost of an OH cremation package: From about $700 to over $2,000
- Columbus population: 787,033
- Cleveland population: 396,815
- Cincinnati population: 296,943
- Toledo population: 287,208
- Akron population: 199,110
So How Much Does a Senior Burial Insurance Policy Cost?
Like other types of insurance, the cost of final expense insurance in Ohio might depend upon age, health, city, and the actual insurance company. As a starting place, these are some example rates for an Ohio female who is 83 years old and does not smoke:
- $5,000 face value: $61.26
- $10,000 face value: $119.91
- $15,000 face value: $178.56
Note: These prices are only examples, and they could differ because of underwriting or company. These are some things to remember about paying for funeral insurance:
- While some seniors purchase final expense insurance for themselves, adult children often offer to pay premiums for their parents.
- No matter who pays, the person who will get insured needs to help with the application process. For example, this individual might need to answer a few questions over the phone or sign a form.
- Also, it is very convenient to set up automatic bank draft payments to ensure that the policy does not lapse.
Will Burial Insurance Companies Accept Everybody?
The good thing about this type of coverage is that there is a policy for almost everybody. Typical burial plans are for people from middle age to over 80 years old. Additionally, guaranteed acceptance life insurance does not even require answers to any health questions in order to get accepted. Another type, called simplified issue, does as a few health questions, but these are only meant to weed out applicants who are seriously ill. If you can qualify for simplified issue, you will get cheaper rates and better benefits. Guaranteed acceptance life insurance does not pay out the entire death benefit until a waiting period lapses, and this might take two or three years.
Let Us Help You Find the Best Ohio Burial Policy
We can offer you online quotes, and all you need to do is enter your home ZIP code to start comparing local companies, plans, and prices. If you would prefer to speak to a licensed agent, simply give us a call. By offering the best tools and service from live agents, we hope to help all of our clients find affordable coverage from top burial insurance companies.